Google Expeditions - Just WOW!

Awesome Day!

I was very very excited about our school being chosen as one of the schools to be in the Google Expeditions Pioneer program.  What a great opportunity for our students to try cutting edge technology that is just well Awesome!

I'm sure my management team thought my enthusiasm was a bit strange when I said we'd be using Google Cardboard to fly around the world, underwater, to the moon and basically anywhere our students could dream up.  They soon caught on to why I was so excited when they got to test out Google Expeditions for themselves.   I think the excitement in the room as the staff wondered all over El Capitan was on par if not more than when the students experienced their first expedition.

Here's a peek at the students and staff enjoying Google Expeditions throughout the day...


A few of our year six students had already presented their efforts with Google Cardboard at the Student Summit earlier this year so were very happy to see that Google Cardboard could be used to interact with places all over the world.

The reaction from students was awesome, it was one of those days you say - yeah, this is why I'm a teacher.  It wasn't just the cool factor but the questions that came from the experience, the sheer excitement on their faces and the knowledge that something had just be ignited in some of them that I know will carry on for a long time to come.

If you get the chance to try it then do!!

Can't wait for the app to go live and to start playing with more expeditions.

Comments