New Beginnings

Well I'm starting at a new school on the first day of term 2 and really looking forward to the change. I'll be teaching year 2s instead of my usual year 5 & 6 and I can't wait to try out all the great web resources I've already discovered. Check out my delicious links for just a few of the websites I'll be using.

One of the things that concerns me most is keeping up with the movement children make at year 2. Yes, year 5 & 6 make movement too but nowhere near as quickly and as often as I expect the year 2 children will. I am going to need to change quite a few of my teaching techniques and probably spend a little more time ensuring the children are understanding the procedures and expectations I have for them in our classroom. I think this will be a great challenge and a step in the right direction in terms of my teaching career.

If you have any wonderful ideas that you've tried and have really worked when teaching year 2 children I'd love to hear about them!

Comments