Voice Thread

My class and I have been experimenting with Voice Thread what a great tool. One that I discovered a while ago but didn't really get into until now. We used it to comment on Despereaux that I've been reading to the class.

It was great to listen to the ideas the children had about the book, ideas that I would't have been able to gain from some of them had we left it to. I got the children to write down a PMI just a sentence for each one before they recorded their opinions. This helped them to feel a little more at ease when using the microphone.

There faces while listening to themselves were classic. What a fantastic opportunity to talk about what we hear when we're speaking and the things we need to be careful of so that others can understand our message. We came up with a set of things we needed to think about when talking into a microphone that will help them to improve next time.

Well worth the experimentation time :) and the frustration of getting the children all logged in and recording at the same time!

Comments